My newest obsession… Whipped Coffee! Also known as Dalgona coffee, which is a South Korean beverage. Recently made popular over here via Tik Tok. It has replaces my beloved cold brew as my favorite iced coffee lately.
The traditional recipe calls for instant coffee, sugar and hot water. I personally do not do processed sugar so I tried a few different recipes out and perfected my healthier version of whipped coffee!
Using Date Syrup or Maple Syrup makes it Paleo and even more delicious (in my opinion).
How I make mine:
• 2 teaspoons of Instant Coffee
• 2 teaspoons water
• 2 teaspoons Date Syrup (or maple syrup)
1. Whip all together with a hand mixer (I have this one!).
2. Pour Almond Milk (or milk of your choice) in a cup of ice.
3. Top with whipped coffee, stir and enjoy!
Have you tried the new trend yet? Let me know if you do!
P.S. I ATTEMPTED to make a Tik Tok video with my whipped coffee recipe (using maple syrup instead date syrup). Check it out here!